Wednesday, March 21, 2012

El dia esta Aqui


The day has finally arrived.  I write this as I look over smoke like clouds with the sun setting in the horizon.  The next time it appears, the northern hemisphere will be a thing of the past as opposite flushing restrooms will boggle my mind.  (Note I don’t actually believe this to be the case, this may be another one of those old tales told to cause commotion and create curiosity with children.) I began my journey 24 hours ago (probably a few days by the time this is posted) in Reno before taking quick reprieve in the Bay Area.  From there I headed north to my old stomping grounds in Portland- presumably believing that the earth was flat, and like the game Snake I would reappear over some cute Penguins in the South Pole before finally settling.  But now I fly a mere 120 miles from Dallas: the final stop before Santiago. 

Here are a few thoughts as I leave the comforts of home and the familiarity of--- well everything.
1.  I am fortunate to have wonderful friends and family members in my life who support my unorthodox decisions. 
2. Apparently I already messed up in calling the blog ElChileanDuck- apparently it is Chileno for males and Chilena.
3. Since the winter was fairly mild I made the bright decision that I didn’t get enough and wanted more- and thus will spend another few months with tons of rain.
4. … What am I doing???   Oh well!  Unless I spend the next 5 months in Dallas faking posts and what not, I’m officially
5. “Leaving on a jet plane- don’t know when I’ll be back again” but most likely will return end of August.
6. Come visit if you’d like, I have no idea where I’ll be… if that isn’t in the cards, than at least stay in touch 


No comments:

Post a Comment