Earning
lots of money isn’t usually #1 on the priority list of most people when they
decide to become teachers.
Teachers often desire to educate and make a difference in the lives of
their students. In celebration of
the students’ importance, Chile created a day in their honor. El Dia de los Alumnus is a celebration
of the students hard work. It also
allows the students a chance to relax and have a little fun (at the teacher’s
expense). This post will detail the events of that fateful day: the day the
music
died played.

What
started out as a normal day quickly transformed into a day few would
forget. Tasty odeurs lined the
tables of each classroom as various games and magic kept the students
entertained. Soon celebrities from
around the world started arriving at Colegio San Jorge. Big names like Lady Gaga, Prince Royce,
and other popular Latin singers surprised the students with big-time
performances. Even Justin Bieber
graced the school with his presence. Here are a few pictures and a video to
give you a taste of the excitement from the days.
Justin Bieber's performance of his hit song Baby.

Lets
just say the students had a wonderful time seeing their idols up close. As teaching is ultimately about the
students, this tradition is a great way to celebrate. I don’t know what will happen at next year’s event, but the
possibilities are endless.
A few things to mention about the performance:
1. I chose the song 5 minutes before the performance... Whoops.
2. The song was cut prematurely after the mosh pit of 8 years became too intense.
3. One of the professors ran me out of the crowd like a body guard. He covered my head and yelled go-go-go.
4. I thought I might be fired on the spot...
5. I don't know why I know the lyrics.
No comments:
Post a Comment