Saturday, July 14, 2012

Los Perros



Every place I visit I am accompanied by hundreds of furry four legged friends.  Though some are aggressive, bark loudly, chase cars, and even attack people, most are very nice.  Some stare lovingly into your eyes while furiously wagging their tails.  Others give a simple “hola” sniff and saunter off down the road.  Many just roam the streets searching high and low for the necessary food to make it through the cold nights.  A few have escorted me back to my house late at night and barked at anyone or anything that came too close.  During the day I have seen them relaxing and soaking in the sun in all necks of the Chilean woods.  They are found near the ocean, in stores, around farms, and in cities throughout the country.  I don’t know, since I haven’t asked them, but I feel that there is a certain charm to the life of a street dog.  Here are a few of my friends I have encountered on my journey. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment